white Cabbage - 6 cups (chopped)
Carrots - 2 (medium)
Onion - 1/2 (medium)
choppeddill - 1/4 cup fresh
Italian parsley - 1/4 chopped,
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
rice bran oil - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Shred the entire cabbage (except the core) and place it in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, mix, and gently squeeze with hand, so the salt can penetrate the cabbage and soften it a bit.
2. Set aside for about 10 minutes. Cabbage, especially young, will release juice. Some drain it out but the juice contains all the vitamins so we want to preserve it in the salad.
3. After that time add sugar and lemon and mix again.
4. Add grated carrot, onion, parsley and dill. At this point you need to try it--the salad should have a delicately sweet taste but it should be predominately sour.If cabbage and carrot you use are young and sweet, you may add a bit more lemon or vinegar
5. When the cabbage has a desirable taste, finish it with pepper and oil. Mix, let it stand for another 10 minutes and serve.