Prawns - 500 gms
Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
Ginger - 1 inch(chopped)
Garlic cloves - 7 to 8
Turmeric - 1 t/s
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Green Chillies - 3 (finely chopped)
Onion - 1 chopped finely
Tomato - 1 chopped finely
Curry Leaves - 16 to 18
Coconut Water - 1 cup
water - 2 cups
thick Coconut milk - 2 cup
thin Coconut milk - 1 cups
Cumin Seed - 1.5 tbsp
Coriander Leaves - Few
Sugar - ½ tbsp
Salt - as per taste
1.Clean the prawns remove the black thread. Make a paste of garlic-ginger. Marinate prawns in ginger-garlic paste along with salt and turmeric. Marinate for 15 to 20 mins. I don’t have a pic for this one.
2. Take a big wok Or vessel add oil. Add cumin seeds along with 6 to 7 curry leaves, sugar and green chilies.
3. Now add chopped onion. Saute until onion changes color. Add red chili powder.
4. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute tomatoes until they are tender.
5. It’s time to add marinated prawns along with ginger-garlic paste. Stir gently as prawns might break.
6. Allow to cook for another 2 mins. Now add the coconut water.
7. Add thin coconut milk first. Let this cook for another 2 to 3 mins on medium speed.
8. Finally add rest of curry leaves, few coriander leaves, thick coconut milk and salt for seasoning. Cook until curry starts bubbling and boiling.
9. Garnish with rest of coriander leaves. Serve goan prawns curry hot with bread Or rice.