333 USES FOR COCONUT OIL
Please note that while I have offered additional information on some of the uses, it should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult with a trusted medical professional before using coconut oil to treat or prevent ANY disease or illness.Coconut Oil’s effectiveness will vary from individual to individual. You may still need to do other things to treat and support your health in addition to consuming coconut oil. In addition, I have researched each and every use listed in this post. This post would be entirely too long if I provided detailed information on each use. The bulk of the uses listed have studies backing coconut oil’s effectiveness. However, there are a handful of uses which come from health and wellness forums and are based on personal experiences and not documented research.
COCONUT OIL FOR GENERAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS:
1. Appetite Suppressant – the fat in coconut oil triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone which slows down food movement through the digestive tract. It is the last nutrient to get digested and leave the stomach, supplying you a delayed feeling of satisfaction after eating.
2. Breastfeeding – for breastfeeding moms, consuming at least 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil daily will enrich and increase the milk supply.
3. Bones and Teeth – coconut oil aids in the absorption of calcium and magnesium leading to better development of bones and teeth.
4. Digestion – the saturated fats in coconut oil help control parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
5. Energy Boost – coconut oil boosts energy and endurance making it a great supplement for athletes as well as those needing a quick pick me up.
6. Fitness – coconut oil has been proven to stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function, and escalate energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat while increasing muscle.
7. Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose making it great for both diabetics and non-diabetics who want to get their blood sugar stabilized before addressing other health issues.
8. Lung Function – increases the fluidity of cell surfaces.
9. Pregnancy – helps prevent gestational diabetes; keeps kidneys functioning; keeps morning sickness in check; and protects a mother-to-be from a host of potentially threatening infections as well as boost her immunity, which is naturally weakened during pregnancy.
10. Prevents oxidation of fatty acids
11. Skin Tone – promotes firmer skin tone and less sagging.
12. Stress Relief – relieve mental fatigue by applying coconut oil to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of coconuts is extremely soothing thus helping to lower your stress level.
13. Vitamin and nutrient absorption – specifically magnesium and calcium.
14. Weight loss – the saturated fats contribute to weight loss and also increases metabolic rate....
COCONUT OIL FOR CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS (WHEN TAKEN INTERNALLY IT IS KNOWN FOR AIDING, PREVENTING, RELIEVING OR EVEN CURING THESE HEALTH ISSUES):
15. Acid Reflux/Indigestion Aid (if taken after a meal)
16. Adrenal Fatigue
17. Allergies(seasonal hay fever)
21. Blood Pressure Regulation
22. Bowel Function (especially effective when used in conjunction with the Squatty Potty)
23. Bronchial Infections
24. Cancer – has been shown to prevent colon and breast cancer in laboratory tests
25. Candida Albicans
26. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
28. Cholesterol – improves HDL (‘good’ cholesterol) to LDL (‘bad’ cholesterol) ratio
29. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
30. Crohns Disease and resulting inflammation
31. Circulation/feeling cold all the time
32. Colds and Viruses
34. Cystic Fibrosis
35. Cystitis Degenerative Diseases – provides antioxidants to fight free radicals which slow
36. Degenerative diseases such as arthritis
38. De-Quervains Tenosynovitis
39. Diabetes – helps with cravings by stabilizing blood sugar. Also eases neuropathies and itching.
41. Eczema – in addition to taking it internally, many have success applying it externally.
44. Energy boost
45. Epilepsy – known to reduce epileptic seizures
46. Fever Support
47. Fibrocystic Breast
48. Flaky, Dry Skin
49. Gallbladder disease and pain
55. Grave’s Disease
56. Gum Disease
57. H. Pylori
60. Head Lice
61. Heart Disease – protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis
62. Hemorrhoids and Piles – can applied externally or internally twice a day. Also lowers the incidence of hemorrhoids.
63. HIV – is known to reduce the viral load
64. Hormone Regulator
66. Immune System Builder
69. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
71. Kidney Disease
72. Kidney Stones – aids in dissolving them
73. Liver Disease
74. Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS)
75. Low Blood Clotting (from Vitamin K Deficiency)
76. Lung Disease
78. Malabsorption Syndrome
80. Menstrual Cramps
81. Mental Clarity
82. Menopause– stabilizes hormones reducing hot flashes
83. Menstruation Relief – regulates pain/cramps and heavy blood flow
84. Migraines – with regular use, coconut may help reduce the number and severity
87. Multiple Sclerosis
90. Parasites (such as tapeworm, liver flukes, and giardia)
91. Parkinson’s Disease
92. Periodontal Disease and Tooth Decay
94. Prostate Enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
95. Retinitis Pigmentosa
98. Skin problems
100. Smoker’s Cough
101. Spider Veins
103. Stomach Ulcers
105. Toenail fungus
107. Thyroid Function
108. Typhoid– kills the virus which causes it
109. Ulcerative Colitis
110. Urinary Tract Infections (Bladder Infections)
111. Vaginal Yeast Infections (you can also apply externally to relieve itching)..
COCONUT OIL FOR CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS (WHEN APPLIED TOPICALLY IT IS KNOWN FOR AIDING, RELIEVING, OR EVEN CURING THESE HEALTH ISSUES):
113. Allergies/Hay Fever – rub a little inside the nostrils for quick relief. The pollen will cling to the oil
115. Athletes foot
116. Back Pain/Sore Muscles
117. Baldness– apply three times a day to affected area of hair loss. Coconut oil supports cell regeneration.
118. Boils and Cysts
119. Canker Sores
121. Cold Sores
122. Conjunctivitis – applied around and in the eye
123. Contact Dermatitis
124. Decongestant – rub coconut oil on the chest and under the nose when congested from a cold or allergies.
126. Genital Warts – through topical application over 6 weeks and coconut oil enemas twice a day depending on the location of the warts.
127. Gum Disease and Gingivitis – use as a toothpaste or rub directly on gums
128. Herpes (applied topically and taken internally)
130. Itchy Eyes – put a dab of coconut oil in itchy eyes. You will have blurred vision for a couple of minutes but the itch will be gone!
131. Keloids – apply coconut oil to the keloid or scarred skin three times daily to help reduce puffiness and restore healthy looking skin.
132. Keratosis Pilaris – use alone or in conjunction with salt or sugar to form an exfoliating paste.
133. Pink eye – applied around and in the eye
COCONUT OIL FOR SPORADIC HEALTH ISSUES, SKIN PROBLEMS AND OCCASIONAL ILLNESS OR INJURY:
138. Age Spots (also known as liver spots) – applying coconut oil directly to the age spot will help it fade.
139. Animal Bites – I suggest that you see a trusted medical professional for all animal bites however, applying coconut oil to the cleansed wound can speed healing and reduce the chance of infection.
140. Antacid Substitute – coconut oil infused with cinnamon can alleviate occasional heartburn.
141. Bed Sores – coconut oil can be applied directly to bed sores to reduce inflammation, speed healing, and prevent infection.
142. Birth Marks – can be used after a laser removal treatment to aid in healing. Can also be applied after an apple cider vinegar treatment to help support and aid the fading process.
143. Breastfeeding Bite – as I learned recently, even a 3 year old can take a nibble out of you! Apply coconut oil every hour to prevent infection and promote healing.
144. Broken Bones – speeds the healing process when taken ... internally by helping with calcium absorption.
145. Bruises – applied directly to the bruise, coconut oil enhances the healing process by reducing swelling and redness.
146. Bug Bites and Stings – when applied directly to a bug bite or sting, coconut oil can stop the itching and burning sensation as well as hasten the healing process.
147. Burns– apply to burn site immediately and continue applying until healed. Will reduce the chances of permanent scarring and promotes healing.
148. Chicken Pox – taken internally and applied topically, it relieves itching, reduces inflammation, and reduces the severity and duration of the illness.
149. Dry Eyes – apply a small dab in the corner of each eye at night to relieve dry eyes without the chemicals found in eye drops.
150. Ear Infection – place a few drops inside the ear twice daily for relief from pain. Also fights the infection itself....
151. Food Poisoning – reduces the severity of symptoms and kills the bacteria causing it.
152. Hang Nails – apply to the hang nail to prevent infection and promote healing.
153. Healing– when applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and viruses. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process by repairing damaged tissues. Plus, it smells a heck-of-a-lot better than anything from the pharmacy.
154. Impotence – I have no proof that this works but according to a lot of men on natural health and wellness forums, coconut oil has put the pep back in their step if you get my drift.
155. Ingrown Toenails – aids in healing, fights infection, and prevents future ingrown toenails.
156. Insomnia– consuming a daily dose of coconut oil helps to regulate body functions including sleep.
157. Jock Itch – rub onto the affected area and let the healing begin. The anti-fungal properties will keep flare ups at bay.
158. Laryngitis – gargle with some melted coconut oil diluted with water (to avoid the gag factor).
159. Leg Cramps – coconut oil can be rubbed onto the leg as well as taken internally so support the absorption of calcium and potassium, both which prevent leg cramps.
160. Lice– for detailed information, please read my post on coconut oil and head lice.
161. Mastitis – consuming 4 tablespoons of coconut oil daily provides you with enough acrylic acid which has a strong antibacterial effect.
162. Mole Remover – when applied after an apple cider vinegar compress for several weeks, moles have been known to “slide off” or just disappear.
163. Nausea – rub some coconut oil on the inside for the wrist and forearm to calm an upset stomach.
164. Nipple Cream – works great to nourish cracked, sore or dry nipples. Apply to a cotton ball and leave on your nipples between feedings.
165. Nose Bleeds – coconut oil can prevent nose bleeding that is caused by sensitivity to weather such as extreme heat and extreme cold. This condition happens when the nasal passages become dry because of cold or dry air resulting in burns and cracks in the mucus membranes so bleeding happens. To prevent this just put coconut oil in your nostrils. Coat your finger with coconut oil and then lie down and coat your finger inside your nose. Doing this will strengthen and protect the capillaries in the nasal passages
166. Oral Health – I suggest you read Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel to get a better understanding of the impact of coconut oil on oral health.
167. Oral Surgery – rubbed onto the surgery site, it hastens healing time and prevents infection.
168. Itch relief and infection protection from poison ivy, oak, and sumac.
169. Ringworm – apply coconut oil to the area 8-10 times per day until healed.
170. Snake Bites – stops the pain, burning and itching associated with a snake bite while promoting healing of the wound. Also neutralizes the venom.
171. Sore Throat Soother – add a spoonful to warm water and gargle away.
172. Snoring Relief – by rubbing a dab of coconut oil in each nostril before bedtime, you will reduce swelling in the membranes of the lining of your nostrils which will stop the snoring.
173. Sty Treatment – apply a dab of coconut oil three times daily directly onto sty.
174. Sun Burn Relief – rub liberal amounts of coconut oil onto the affected area.
175. Support during Alcohol or Drug Detox – coconut oil will help your body process out the toxins and support your overall health and energy levels through to process.
176. Swimmers Ear – mix garlic oil and coconut oil and put a few drops in affected ear for about 10 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day. It usually works within one or two days.
177. Toothache– I suggest you read Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel to get a better understanding of the impact of coconut oil on oral health.
178. Vaginal Dryness – can be used externally and internally....
COCONUT OIL FOR PERSONAL HYGIENE/PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS:
179. After Shave – coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores. Great for razor burn!
180. Body Scrub – mix coconut oil and sugar together and rub all over! Rinse off and your skin will be super soft! You can add in essential oils if you would like a specific smell. (I have some great recipes in my eBook as well.)
181. Chapstick – just rub a little onto lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4-6!
182. Cuticle Cream – apply to cuticles before manicures to aid in removal. Apply to dry cuticles to prevent hangnails.
183. Dandruff – coconut oil soaks into the scalp moisturizing dry skin and relieves symptoms of dandruff. It also helps to control oil secretion from the scalp, another leading cause of dandruff.
184. Deodorant – coconut oil alone can be used as a deodorant, but even more effective in combination with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and baking soda!
185. Ear Cleaner – a little dab on the end of a q-tip helps gently remove wax.
186. Exfoliator – coconut oil mixed with sugar or sea salt is a very nourishing and effective exfoliator and safe to use all over the body.
187. Eye Cream – apply under the eyes to reduce puffiness, bags and wrinkles. Use on the lids in the evening.
188. Eyelash Conditioner – add a pinch to eyelashes to encouraged growth and strengthen them.
189. Face Wash/Soap – mix equal parts coconut oil with olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil and use in place of soap when washing your face. Wet face, rub oil in and leave on for two minutes, rinse and pat dry. One teaspoon should be adequate.
190. Hair Conditioner/ Deep Treatment – use as a leave-in hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your ends and then running your fingers through your hair to distribute the rest! For a deeper treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put a shower cap on to prevent transfer onto bed linens and leave on overnight.
191. Hair Dye Repeller – apply along hair line and on tips of ears before dying hair to keep skin from absorbing the dye.
192. Hair Gel/Defrizzer – rub a little between your palms and either scrunch into hair (for curly hair) or finger comb in through from scalp to ends (for wavy/straight hair).
193. Hair Strengthening/Darkening – coconut oil bonds to the individual hair follicles making them stronger and darker.
194. Hand Cleaner – easily removes paint, wax, caulking, and other tough to remove dirt and grime.
195. Insect Repellent – mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub it all over exposed skin. Keeps insects off better than anything with DEET! Tons safer too.
196. Lubricant – it is an all-natural, perfectly safe lubricant. It may not be compatible with latex. The jury is out on that....
197. Makeup Remover – use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil and you would be amazed at how well it works!
198. Massage Oil – pretty simple; grab some and rub!
199. Moisturizer – simply scoop some out of the jar and apply all over your body, including neck and face.
200. Mouthwash – add a little coconut oil to warm water then swish it around.
201. Nail Polish Quick Dry — Spray on your nail polish to help it dry faster
202. Nail Strengthener – rub on finger and toe nails to strengthen them and aid in repairing cracks and brittleness.
203. Oily Skin Fix – prone to oily skin or an oily T-zone? Use a pea sized amount underneath makeup or alone to reduce the appearance of oil.
204. Perineum Massage Oil – use it in the weeks prior to giving birth to help soften and protect your perineum.
205. Pore Minimizer – blessed with visible pores? Rub a little coconut oil on at bedtime and watch those pores shrink.
206. Pre Shampoo Treatment for Hair – rub a little into scalp and hair before shampooing. This is especially useful for those with course or frizzy hair....
207. Pre-Shave – coconut oil will prep skin for the pending damage caused by shaving.
209. Prevents Split Ends in hair Stretch
210. Mark Cream – coconut oil is great at nourishing damaged skin. It may not be the magic stretch mark cure but it will help.
211. Sunless Tan Lotion – mix coconut oil with used coffee grounds. Apply it liberally but evenly in the tub before your shower and allow it to work its magic.
213. Tattoo Healing and Moisturizer – continued use of coconut oil on tattoos will help keep the pigment from fading. Used on new tattoos, coconut will hasten the healing process and decrease the chance of infection.
214. Toothpaste – there are numerous recipes out there but I just mix coconut oil and baking soda and dab a little of the mix on my toothbrush.
215. Varicose Veins – helps lesson the appearance of them.
216. Vaseline Substitute
217. Vitiligo– helps restore pigment to the skin. Wrinkle Prevention and
218. Wrinkle Reducer – rubbing coconut oil on winkles and sagging skin helps strengthen the connective tissues to bring back that youthful look!...
COCONUT OIL FOR INFANT AND CHILDREN SPECIFIC ISSUES:
219. Attention Deficit Disorder – there is no short explanation as to how coconut oil aids children with a diagnosis of ADD. I will write a future post about this topic as a part of my Coconut Health series.
220. Circumcision Healing – although I am personally against circumcision, I have read that coconut oil is a really great healer for this.
221. Cradle Cap – having issues with dry skin on your baby’s scalp? Coconut oil will not only nourish your baby’s skin, it also helps eliminate cradle cap. Just rub a teaspoon onto scalp daily.
222. Croup– mamas around the globe swear by a mixture of coconut oil and essential oils rubbed onto their child’s chest.
223. Diaper Rash Salve – very comforting on a rashy bum with no harsh chemicals. Also safe for cloth diapers....
224. Formula Booster – coconut oil is the only other good source of lauric acid, which is a key component of mother’s breastmilk.
225. Poop Repellent – sticky meconium or a case of acidic poop is no fun. Rub baby’s bottom with coconut oil and it will form a barrier which also makes poop slide right off. Easy clean up!
226. Soft Spot Strengthener – In Samoa, mothers rub coconut oil on the baby’s soft spot to help fortify the area.
227. Teething Pain Reliever – rub directly onto gums of teething babies and children to ease the pain.
Coconut Oil In The Kitchen:
228. Butter Substitute – use 1 cup to 1 cup ratio when replacing butter in recipes with coconut oil.
229. Freezer Burn Protection – use as a protective seal for homemade sauces or other dishes before you freeze them.
230. Ice Cubes – yep! Pour coconut oil in ice cube trays and pop one in your drink!
231. Nutritional Supplement – melt and add to soups, teas, smoothies, etc…
232. Oiling wood cutting boards and wood bowls
233. Prevent water stains – using a small amount of coconut oil, rub a cloth along the inside of your clean and dry kitchen sink. It prevents water stains from forming and will make your sink sparkle and shine.
234. Replacement for butter/lard/Crisco/PAM – use it in its solid form for greasing pans, pie crusts, etc....
235. Replacement for various oils in liquid form – baking, cooking, sautéing, etc.
236. Remove baked-on food from a cookie pan – pour melted coconut oil on cookie pan and wipe clean. Then wash with soap and water.
237. Roast Meats and Vegetables with it
238. Rust Prevention on Mason Jar Lids – rub the inside of the mason jar ring with coconut oil before washing to reduce the incidence of rust
239. Salad Oil – as coconut oil goes solid at lower temperatures, combine the coconut oil 50 / 50 with extra virgin olive oil and then it will stay liquid.
240. Seasoning cookware
241. Stain Preventer – rub in your BPA free Tupperware or other non-glass container before pouring in spaghetti sauce or any other foods that usually stain. The coconut oil will keep it from staining the Tupperware.
242. Utensil Lubricant – rub a little coconut oil on spatulas, slotted spoons, kitchen shears, knives, graters, etc… This provides a wonderful non-stick coating for easy clean up.
COCONUT OIL INSIDE THE HOME:
243. Bathtub and Shower Cleaner – wipe a thin layer of coconut oil on soap scum and mildew, wait ten minutes, then clean as normal (ideally with baking soda and vinegar)
244. Bronze Polish – all you have to do is rub a little oil into a cotton towel and then wipe down the item. It cleans and helps deepen the color of your bronze.
245. Ceiling Fans — rub on your fan to keep dust from sticking and also to stop annoying squeaks in the gears.
246. Clean decorative snow from windows
247. Clothes Rod Lubricant – rub some coconut oil on and watch your hangers glide across with ease.
248. Dry Spotter – coconut oil becomes a stain remover (specifically for silk and silk type fabrics).
249. Dust Repellant – rub coconut oil onto furniture, inside your car, on outdoor items and watch the dust run for cover!
250. Furniture Polish – coconut oil with a little bit of lemon juice to polish wood furniture. However, I recommend you test it first on a very small, unobtrusive part of your furniture to make sure it works the way you’d like.
251. Leather Cleaner and Moisture – use a clean cloth and rub it gently onto leather furniture.
252. Plant Leaf Shiner – use on both real and artificial plants to make the leaves glossy.
253. Rust Remover – rub into affected area and wipe with clean cloth.
254. Squeaky Doors – rub it onto bothersome hinges.
255. Stainless Steel Polisher – all you have to do is rub a little oil into a cotton towel and then wipe down the item....
COCONUT OIL OUTSIDE THE HOME:
256. BBQ cleaner and degreaser – rub coconut oil onto your BBQ, let it sit for an hour, then wipe clean with an old rag.
257. Garden tools — rub onto your garden tools before using them to keep the dirt from sticking and prevent rusting.
258. Lawn mower — rub onto your lawn mower blades before you cut the grass to keep the grass clippings from sticking.
259. Prevent mosquitoes from breeding – to prevent mosquito larvae from contaminating rainwater, pour a layer of coconut oil on top of the water in your rain barrel.
260. Snow shovels — rub onto your snow shovel in the winter to help the snow easily slide off the shovel.
261. Weed Abatement (Herbicide).
COCONUT OIL FOR CRAFTS AND PLAY:
262. Candle Making – use in place of beeswax or paraffin wax.
263. Finger Paints – color melted coconut oil with your favorite natural color (turmeric, beet juice, spirulina to name a few). Let solidify slightly before painting with it.
264. Hockey Pucks – live in an area where it ices over in the winter? Freeze melted coconut oil in muffin tins then use the discs as hockey pucks for some winter time fun outside!
265. Oil Wrestling – clearly adult “play.”
266. Playdough– use in place of any oil called for in your favorite playdough recipe.
267. Slip and Slide Lubricant – pour a little melted coconut oil on your slip and slide and enjoy a wild ride!
OTHER USES FOR COCONUT OIL:
268. Anointing Oil
269. Base for Homemade Vapor Rub
270. Body Wax Remover – waxing your eyebrows or other body parts inevitable leaves behind a little residue. Swipe a little coconut oil across the remains and off it comes!
271. Brush Cleaner – removes paint from paint brushes, makeup from makeup brushes, and stuck on food kitchen brushes.
272. Bug and Sap Remover – rub your vehicle or outdoor furniture with coconut oil and get every last bug and drop of sap off.
273. Car Dashboard Cleaner – rub a little coconut oil into your car’s dashboard for an instant shine.
274. Chewing Gum in Hair Remover – just rub some coconut oil over the stuck chewing gum, leave in for about 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip. Voila! It’s out!
275. Clean Crayon from a blackboard or inside of clothes dryer – Rub coconut oil on the crayon marks, let soak for 10 minutes, then blot clean with a cloth.
276. Denture Cleaner – brush dentures daily with coconut oil and rinse in warm water. For a deeper clean, soak it in melted coconut oil for an hour.
277. Extracting Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active chemical in cannabis
278. Fabric Paint – see this post for the recipe.
279. Fishing Line — rub onto your fishing line before casting, it will help the line travel farther.
280. Free a Stuck Zipper – use a cotton swab to apply coconut oil to the teeth of a zipper, then gently ease the tab down.
281. Free a tongue stuck to frozen metal in winter -pour melted coconut oil on the metal around the tongue. (Then laugh at the person who was goofy enough to do this!)
282. Fuel for Cars
283. Fuel for Diesel Machines
284. Fuel for Generators
285. Fuel for Various Pumps
286. Fuel for Rice Mills
287. Goo Gone – just mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda into a paste. Apply to the “sticky” area and let it set for a minute. Then scrub off with an old toothbrush or the scrubby side of a sponge.
288. Grease Bicycle Chain — rub a little on your bike chain to keep it from sticking
289. Keep maggots and flies out of trash cans – coat the trash cans with a thin layer of coconut oil.
290. Kitty Litter — rub the bottom of the kitty litter box with coconut oil to keep the litter from sticking....
291. Mattress Squeak Eliminator – take squeaks out of a box spring mattress. Remove the fabric covering the bottom of the box spring mattress (by simply removing the staples), and rub the springs with coconut oil. Staple the fabric covering back in place with a staple gun.
292. Mouthguard Cleaner – if you wear a mouth guard for martial arts or to keep your teeth safe from nighttime grinding, this makes a great daily cleaner. Just brush it with coconut oil and rinse.
293. Nozzle Clog Remover – clean clogged spray paint can nozzles by removing the nozzles from the spray paint can and a can of coconut oil spray. Place the nozzle from the spray paint can on the coconut oil spray can, give it a couple of quick squirts, and replace both nozzles.
294. Oil Lamp Fuel
295. Oil Painting – mix it with an Alkyd resin to stimulate drying.
296. Oil Pulling with coconut oil offers a two for one health benefit!
297. Prevent wax from sticking to a candle holder – before inserting a candle, rub a thin coat on the base of the holder. Dripped wax should easily wipe or peel away.
298. Rings— use it to help remove rings that are stuck when your fingers swell up in the summer time.
299. Satellite Dishes — Spray your satellite dish in the winter time to keep the snow from sticking.
300. Seasoning Animal Hide Drums
301. Shoe Polish
302. Skateboard Wax
303. Soap Making – coconut oil can be used as one of the fats in soap....
304. Snowboard Wax
305. Squirrel Deterrent – put coconut oil on metal poles or wires and squirrels will no longer be able to run across and get from tree to tree in your yard.
306. Stringed Instrument Lubricant
307. Thread Electrical Wire Through Conduits – rub coconut oil on the electrical wire to help it glide through winding conduits.
308. Waterproof Work Boots or Leather Shoes
309. Wheel Rim Cleaner– makes removing brake dust a breeze.
310. Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
311. Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
312. Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
313. Makes coats become sleek and glossy
314. Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
315. Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
316. Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
317. Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
318. Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
319. Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs.
IMMUNE SYSTEM, METABOLIC FUNCTION, BONE HEALTH:
320. Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
321. Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
322. Helps prevent or control diabetes
323. Helps reduce weight, increases energy
324. Helps sedentary dogs feel energetic
325. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein buildup that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
326. Regulates and balances insulin and promotes normal thyroid function.
327. Bovine Mastitis treatment
328. Deodorizes skin and fur
329. Ear Cleaner
330. Great for dogs and cats for general wellness. Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
331. Lubricant (apply inside rectum to ease the flow of impacted fecal matter)
332. Poop Remover – rub a little onto dried poop that is stuck onto fur.
333. Udder Balm.